In order to comply with the European Union (EU) General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) which came into force on 25th May 2018, this page sets out to explain:
a) What personal data I hold
b) What I use it for.
Data Privacy Notice
1. Fabric Engineering is a hobby website containing articles about sewing, it is not a business but it does process limited amounts of your personal data.
2. When you leave a comment, WordPress stores your gravatar name, IP Address, comment, and email address. Therefore, leaving a comment is considered a clear affirmative, specific, and unambiguous action as defined by the GDPR giving me consent to store this information.
3. If you subscribed to receive email blog updates, you provided personal data in the form of name & email address in order to do so.
4. Your personal data is not used for marketing purposes or to sell any products.
5. All information held by Fabric Engineering is supplied by you. I do not collect personal data about you from third parties.
6. Your personal data is not shared with or sold to any third parties.
7. Fabric Engineering takes reasonable actions to ensure your data is safe. Data is stored on a password protected blogging software package (WordPress) and is accessed from devices which are also password-protected.
8. You can choose to unsubscribe from Fabric Engineering at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the base of this email. Your details will be deleted permanently.
9. You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
Any cookies on my blog are used to ensure normal website functions. These cookies cannot be switched off because the website wouldn’t work properly anymore. However, these identifiers do not store any personal data.